All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionIntegral Urbanism is an ambitious and forward-looking theory of urbanism that offers a new model of urban life. Nan Ellin's model stands as an antidote to the pervasive problems engendered by modern and postmodern urban planning and architecture: sprawl, amie, a pervasive culture - and architecture - of fear in cities, and a disregard for environmental issues. Instead of the reactive and escapist tendencies characterizing so much contemporary urban development, Ellin champions an 'integral' approach that reverses the fragmentation of our landscapes and lives through proactive design solutions.
- Author BiographyNan Ellin, an Associate Professor of Architecture at Arizona State University, is a well-known urban and architectural theorist. She is the author of Postmodern Urbanism (1995) and the editor of Architecture of Fear (1997).
- Author(s)Nan Ellin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note49 black & white halftones
- Weight589 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.