All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is unique in the way that it looks at the much talked about maritime security through the perspective of national security, without disconnect, in the terrain specific mode of the ocean. The uniqueness is t in the treatment of the concept of maritime security but that of national security in a manner that is different from the beaten tion of physical security of a nation and its people from external and internal threats. National security, according to the author, is more than just military security or the conditions of what is often termed as internal security. It is complex according to his studied findings. The book provides a warning to governments that any approach to national governance without integrated maritime security can be defeating in the overall objective of maximizing national security even for landlocked countries in the modern world. The book provides a comprehensive review and analysis of integrated maritime security providing ample scope for further research on many of the concepts and termilogies inculcated as findings of research. The interesting aspect is that the author views maritime security as a ghost protocol to hammer his ideas into the earnest listener.
- Author BiographyDr Prabhakaran Paleri is a former director general of Indian Coast Guard with naval and marine customs background. Presently he is a visiting research scholar and academician in strategic affairs and management. He was the holder of the Admiral R. D. Katari Chair of Excellence for strategic research at the Centre for Strategic Studies and Simulation (CS3) at the United Service Institution, New Delhi during 2012-2013. The book is the result of his research work on governing maritime security.
- Author(s)Dr. Prabhakaran Paleri
- PublisherVIJ Books (India) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintVIJ Books (India) Pty Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.