Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the proceedings of a two-week NATO A.S.I. on Integrated Optics: Physics and Applications, held from August 17 to August 30, 1981 in Erice, Italy. This is the 8th annual Course of the International School of Quantum Electronics presented under the auspices of the E. Majorana Centre for Scientific Culture. The subject was chosen in order to satisfy the demand for a course on integrated optics which is relevant to the expanding use of fiber optics for communication and signal processing. Integrated Optics, encompassing all of the optical waveguide circuits which are the optical analog of integrated circuits, is finding its way into a variety of applications involving communi- cations, high speed signal-processing, and sensors of many kinds. However, because the techlogy is still changing very rapidly, the development of these exciting applications relies heavily upon the physics of the integrated optical circuits themselves and the pro- cessing techniques used to fabricate them. This NATO A.S.I. provided t only a thorough tutorial treatment of the field, but also through panel discussions and additional lectures treated topics at the forefront of present work. Therefore the character of the Course was a blend of current research and tutorial reviews. The Physics and Applications of Integrated Optics could hardly be a more appropriate title to be chosen for this volume. Many of the worlds' ackwledged leaders in the field have been brought together to review and speculate on the accomplishments of integrated optics.
- Author(s)A. N. Chester,S. Martellucci
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleNATO ASI Subseries B
- Series Part/Volume Number91
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight747 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.