Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an integrated approach to monitoring projects in progress using Earned Value and Earned Schedule Management combined with Schedule Risk Analysis. Monitoring and controlling projects involves processes for identifying potential problems in a timely manner. When necessary, corrective actions can be taken to exploit project opportunities or to get faltering projects back on track. The prerequisite is that project performance is observed and measured regularly to identify variances from the project baseline schedule. Therefore, monitoring the performance of projects in progress requires a set of tools and techniques that should ideally be combined into a single integrated system. The book offers a valuable resource for anyone who wants to understand the theory first and then to use it in practice with software tools. It is intended for students, professionals and academics with an interest and/or experience in running projects as well as for newcomers in the area of project control with a basic grasp of the Earned Value, Earned Schedule and Schedule Risk Analysis concepts.
- Author BiographyMario Vanhoucke is a Professor of Business Management and Operations Research at Ghent University (Belgium), Vlerick Business School (Belgium, Russia, China) and the University College London (UK). He is an advisor for several PhD projects, has published papers in more than 40 international journals and is the author of two project management books published by Springer. Professor Vanhoucke is a founding member and Director of the EVM Europe Association. He is also a partner at the company OR-AS, which develops methods and tools for integrated project management and control such as the software tool ProTrack and the online learning tool PM Knowledge Center. His research on project management has been recognized with multiple awards, including the 2008 International Project Management Association (IPMA) Research Award for his research project Measuring Time (using EVM data) - A Project Performance Simulation Study. He also received the Notable Contributions to Management Accounting Literature Award from the American Accounting Association at their 2010 conference in Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)Mario Vanhoucke
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleManagement for Professionals
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 44 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight403 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.