All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrated Science, Sixth Edition is a straightforward, easy-to-read, yet substantial introduction to the fundamental behavior of matter and energy in living and nliving systems. The authors provide even, well-integrated coverage of physics, chemistry, earth science, astromy, and biology. The text's pedagogy (chapter outlines, core concept maps, and overviews) reveals how the science disciplines are interrelated and integrated throughout the text. This edition continues to introduce basic concepts and key ideas while providing opportunities for students to learn reasoning skills and a new way of thinking about their environment. Additional content has been added to this edition, including a discussion of Scientific Communication to chapter 1, Simple Machines to chapter 3, and efficiency to chapter 4. The book is intended to serve the needs of n-science majors who are required to complete one or more science courses as part of a general or basic studies requirement. No prior work in science is assumed. The language, as well as the mathematics, is as simple as can be practical for a college-level science course.
- Author BiographyEldon is an emeritus professor of biology at Delta College. He has over 30 years of teaching experience in biology, zoology, and environmental science. Eldon has been a Fulbright Exchange Teacher in Australia and Scotland, received the Bergstein Award for Teaching Excellence at Delta College, and participated in an Earthwatch Research Program in Costa Rica. In addition to the environmental science text, Eldon is co-author of the very successful CONCEPTS IN BIOLOGY general biology text with McGraw-Hill.
- Author(s)Bill W. Tillery,Eldon D. Enger,Frederick C. Ross
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCollege Ie Overruns
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps
- Weight1601 g
- Width223 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement6th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.