All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the ermous global challenge of providing balanced and sustainable solutions to urgent water problems. The author explores our dependence on access to safe water and other water-related services and how driving forces of the human and natural worlds are degrading this access. The greatest challenges involve conflicts between people and interest groups across all countries, as well as the ecomic and political difficulties in finding solutions through infrastructure development. The book takes an interdisciplinary approach to Integrated Water Resources Management or IWRM, which provides a set of tools for policy development, planning and organization, assessment, systems analysis, finance, and regulation. The author suggests that IWRM is challenging because of the human element, but that other process can reconcile the conflicting agendas involved with water management. The broad range of topics covered here, as well as 25 case summaries, will be of interest to scientists, engineers, practitioners, and advanced level students interested in the integrated management of water as a resource.
- Author BiographyNeil S. Grigg is a Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Colorado State University, USA, where he teaches a course on water resources management. He has also held positions as a department head, government environmental official, and consulting engineer, as well as military officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Author(s)Neil S. Grigg
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/10/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight801 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.