All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical, accessible resource will help future and practicing teachers integrate literature into their middle school or high school classrooms, while also addressing content area standards and improving the literacy skills of their students. Two introductory chapters are followed by five chapters that each cover a different genre: Chapter 3, Informational Books; Chapter 4, Fiction; Chapter 5, Biography, Autobiography, and Memoir; Chapter 6, Poetry; and Chapter 7, How-to and Hands-on Books. Each genre chapter consists of four parts: Part 1: Discusses the genre and how content area teachers can use books within that genre to further content learning and enhance literacy skills. Part 2: Offers hands-on instructional strategies and activities using literature, with activities for use in a variety of disciplines. Part 3: Presents individual author studies (three or four per chapter) with bibliographies and guidelines for using the authors' books in content area courses. Part 4: Features an antated bibliography of specially selected children and young adult literature for that genre, organized by content area. The antations provide information about the book, which can be used to prepare booktalks, and teaching ideas for using in a specific content area. Altogether these sections contain more than 600 antated entries tabbed by subject area, including art, English/language arts, languages and culture, math and techlogy, music, PE/health, science, and social studies/history.
- Author BiographySharon Kane is a professor in the School of Education at the State University of New York at Oswego, USA.
- Author(s)Sharon Kane
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationScottsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHolcomb Hathaway, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.