All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a general reference book for authors, artists, musicians, librarians, entrepreneurs and others interested in learning about intellectual property law and the processes for obtaining copyrights, trademarks and patents in the U.S. and other countries through international agreements. It is designed to be a one-stop reference guide that provides information and guidance for individuals considering obtaining copyrights, patents and/or trademarks on their own or with the assistance of an attorney. The main text provides an orientation to the relevant law and the process and cost of applying for patents and trademarks through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and copyrights through the U.S. Copyright Office. This book provides a wealth of resources that include illustrations, an index, links to online resources, selective statutory materials, sample forms, and other useful materials in appendices to provide greater depth and context for the material presented in the main text. This accessible, practical reference book will provide timely, useful information and identify additional resources available free of charge from both the federal government and every state. It does t offer legal advice and is intended to supplement rather than supplant the legal advice and individualized guidance that can only be provided by an attorney.
- Author BiographyVictor D. Lopez is a tenured Professor of Legal Studies at Hofstra University's Frank G. Zarb School of Business. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from St. John's University School of Law and is a member of the New York State Bar. His professional affiliations include membership in the New York State Bar Association, the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB), the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business (NEALSB), and he is a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals and is a past President of the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business. In addition to publishing three college textbooks in the past five years, he has presented articles at conferences and published scholarly articles in a range of subjects that include immigration law, bankruptcy law, unauthorized practice of law, state and federal efforts to regulate the high cost of college textbooks, and ethics. Since 1990, he has served as a Professor of Business for 12 years at SUNY Delhi and as the Dean of the Business Division at Broome Community College for four years immediately prior to joining the faculty of the Frank G. Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University. Other books by Victor D. Lopez: - Business Law and the Legal Environment of Business 3e (Textbook Media 2017) - Business Law: An Introduction 2e (Textbook Media 2011) - Business Law and the Legal Environment of Business 2e (Textbook Media 2010) - Free and Low Cost Software for the PC (McFarland & Company 2000) - The Legal Environment of Business 1/e (Prentice Hall 1997) - Case and Resource Materials for the Legal Environment of Business (Prentice Hall 1997) - Business Law: An Introduction 1/e (Irwin / McGraw Hill) - Free and User-Supported Software for the IBM PC: A Resource Guide for Libraries and Individuals (McFarland & Company 1990) (Co-authored with Kenneth J. Ansley) For more information about the author's books, textbooks, scholarly articles and blogs, you can visit http: //www.victordlopez.com.
- Author(s)Victor D Lopez Esq
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.