CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe GDP of the United Arab Emirate's (UAE) ecomy is reported to have grown 35% in 2006, making it one of the fastest growing ecomies in the world. This has attracted unprecedented levels of foreign investment, which has resulted in efforts to bring its intellectual property laws into line with international standards. However, reliable copies of the IP laws and regulations of the UAE (which are written in Arabic) can be difficult to obtain, much less understand, for most Western attorneys. Quality English translations, interpretations of the law, and commentaries on practice are almost n-existent. Intellectual Property Law and Practice of the United Arab Emirates is the first book to address these problems by providing reliable copies of the Arabic laws and regulations, intelligent translations of them, and a discussion of issues arising in the application and practice of the law. This book will give practitioners the ability to better assess the IP problems they face and to devise the best possible strategic solutions.
- Author BiographyPeter Hansen is a partner in the Dubai-based IP firm, Cedar White & Bradley. Educated and trained in Australia, he was formerly a partner of Freehills in Australia and was a consultant at Rouse & Co in Dubai. He studied Arabic in Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Yemen.
- Author(s)Peter W. Hansen
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteforms
- Weight1228 g
- Width158 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine45 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.