Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionWith its focus on intellectual virtues and their role in the acquisition and transmission of kwledge and related epistemic goods, virtue epistemology provides a rich set of tools for educational theory and practice. In particular, characteristics under the rubric of responsibilist virtue epistemology, like curiosity, open-mindedness, attentiveness, intellectual courage, and intellectual tenacity, can help educators and students define and attain certain worthy but nebulous educational goals like a love of learning, lifelong learning, and critical thinking. This volume is devoted to exploring the intersection between virtue epistemology and education. It assembles leading virtue epistemologists and philosophers of education to address such questions as: Which virtues are most essential to education? How exactly should these virtues be understood? How is the goal of intellectual character growth related to other educational goals, for example, to critical thinking and kwledge-acquisition? What are the best practices for achieving this goal? Can growth in intellectual virtues be measured? The chapters are a prime example of applied epistemology and promise to be a seminal contribution to an area of research that is rapidly gaining attention within epistemology and beyond.
- Author BiographyJason Baehr is Professor of Philosophy at Loyola Marymount University, USA. From 2012-2015, he served as director of The Intellectual Virtues and Education Project and helped found the Intellectual Virtues Academy of Long Beach.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJason Baehr
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.