CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionHow can philosophy or science claim to discover objective truth when their arguments originate from subjective beings? In Intentionality and Semiotics , John N. Deely offers a controversial solution to the problem of subjectivity in inquiry. He creates an interface between semiotics and the concept of intentionality, as it appears in Aquinas' work, to demonstrate that every sign is irrevocably linked to human understanding. In the process, Deely builds a bridge between classical thinkers such as Aristotle and modernists such as Heidegger and Wittgenstein in this invative volume.
- Author BiographyJohn N. Deely is professor of philosophy at the University of St. Thomas, Houston.
- Author(s)John N. Deely
- PublisherUniversity of Scranton Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- Series TitleApproaches to Postmodernity
- Place of PublicationScranton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Scranton Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.