All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an exploration of the linguistic, structural, historical, and thematic relationships of religion and drama. It is t an attempt to sacralize drama so that it becomes a substitute for religion, r will it reduce religion to its aesthetic dimension. What does religion tell us about drama, and what does drama tell us about religion? What have been their inter-actions in our tradition? The conversation between religion and culture, drama and Christianity, needs to be ongoing. This book is a contribution to the dialogue, asking questions, pointing towards possible answers, and encouraging others to join in the conversation.
- Author BiographyNelvin Vos, emeritus professor of English at Muhlenberg College, is the author of of the Drama of Comedy and The Great Pendulum of Becoming: Images in Modern Drama. He has served as executive director of the Society for the Arts, Religion and Contemporary Culture since 1999.
- Author(s)Nelvin Vos
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/05/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.