All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis newly revised edition of INTERACCIONES bridges the gap between first- and second-year Spanish through a broad focus on useful grammar structures, practical vocabulary, and an overview of culture that is both extensive and detailed. Along with it is a new video program containing six award-winning short films, all delivered within an intuitive and understandable unit organization. INTERACCIONES employs a tried-and-true pedagogical approach with special attention to the use of language in context and the National Standards for Foreign Language Learning.
- Author BiographyCarmen Garcia, a native of Lima, Peru, received her Ph.D. from Georgetown University in linguistics. She is professor of Spanish Pragmatics and Applied Linguistics, director of the Undergraduate Spanish Language Program, and director of the Spanish Linguistics Program at Arizona State University. Professor Garcia is author or co-author of several college-level Spanish textbooks. She also has published numerous articles in national and international journals on Spanish pragmatics and intracultural and cross-cultural communication. In addition, she is co-editor of Research on Politeness in the Spanish Speaking World and a special issue in Oralia on Small Talk in Spanish. She is a frequent speaker and presenter at national and international meetings and conferences, and a member of many national and international linguistics organizations. Professor Garcia also serves as associate editor of Studies in Hispanics and Lusophone Linguistics. Carol E. Galvin Flood has an M.A. in foreign language education from the University of Michigan as well as an M.A. in Spanish language and literature from Wayne State University (Detroit). She retired from the Bloomfield Hills school district, where she taught Spanish and helped develop and implement a program to prepare high-school students for the Advanced Placement Spanish Language Exam. Throughout her career she has taught Spanish at many levels, ranging from early elementary bilingual-bicultural classes to university advanced composition and conversation. She also has been active in professional organizations such as the AATSP and ACTFL throughout her teaching career. Flood currently is serving as Coordinator for Classroom Resources for the AATSP website. Emily Spinelli received her Ph.D. in Spanish from Ohio State University, where she studied Spanish language and Hispanic literature and culture, as well as foreign language education and second language acquisition theory. Currently, she is executive director of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) and professor emerita of Spanish at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, where she taught courses in all levels of Spanish language, literature, language of business, and culture and civilization. Professor Spinelli also coordinated the foreign language teaching-certification program and taught courses in foreign language methodology. In addition to several textbooks, Professor Spinelli has also published many articles and reviews in scholarly journals. She is a frequent speaker and presenter at state, national, and international conferences, and she has consulted with school districts and universities throughout the country on issues related to foreign language education and methodology. Through the years, Professor Spinelli has been very active in professional organizations. She has served on the Executive Council of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and is a past president of that organization. She also has served as editor of Foreign Language Annals, the official journal of ACTFL, and as the president of the AATSP.
- Author(s)Carmen Garcia,Carol E. Galvin Flood,Emily Spinelli
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight771 g
- Width206 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement7th Enhanced
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.