All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the personal and social lives of e-actors interacting within the socio-technical structures of the evolving broadband society by exploring the different ways in which individuals, social groups, institutions, operators, manufactures, policy makers, designers and other parties contribute to human communication and social interaction in contemporary media societies. The volume covers four theoretical and empirical areas of research: the conceptual perspectives of e-actors, the emergence of new forms of agency, subjectivity, and mediated interpersonal communication, the everyday life experiences of e-actors, and finally the shaping policies and regulations in the broadband society.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Leopoldina Fortunati is Professor of Sociology of Communication at the Faculty of Education, University of Udine (Italy). Jane Vincent is Visiting Fellow at the University of Surrey's Digital World Research Centre (United Kingdom). Julian Gebhardt is Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Communication at the University of Arts, Berlin (Germany). Andraz Petrovcic works as a researcher at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia). Olga Vershinskaya is Head of the Social Problems of ICT Dissemination at the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleParticipation in Broadband Society
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight510 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJane Vincent,Julian Gebhardt,Leopoldina Fortunati
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.