All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionPaired speaking tests are increasingly used in both low- and high-stakes second language assessment contexts. Until recently, very little was kwn about the way in which raters interpret and apply descriptors relating to interactional competence to a performance that is co-constructed. This book presents a study which explores the interactional features of a paired speaking test that were salient to raters and the extent to which raters viewed the performances as separable. The study shows that raters use their own frames of reference to interpret descriptors and that they viewed certain features of the performance as mutual accomplishments. The book takes us 'beyond scores', and in doing so, contributes to the growing body of research on paired speaking tests.
- Author BiographyLyn May is a lecturer in TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) at the School of Cultural and Language Studies in Education at Queensland University of Technology. Her research interests focus on second language assessment and pedagogy, interactional competence, and the oracy demands of tertiary study.
- Author(s)Lyn May
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- Series TitleLanguage Testing and Evaluation
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, fig. and graphs
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.