All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn Interactive Music Therapy - A Positive Approach, Amelia Oldfield explains how her approach to music therapy sessions establishes a constructive musical dialogue with children that emphasises positive experiences - these establish trust and allow feelings to be expressed through music. Describing the general benefits of this approach, the author also details its application for specific clinical groups including children with autistic spectrum disorders, relationship difficulties or physical disabilities. Individual chapters focus specifically on child development issues and in child and brief case studies throughout the text illustrate points of particular importance. This practical book will be of use to other clinicians and teachers working with children with a variety of needs, including children on the autism spectrum and children with learning disabilities. It is also of use to music therapy trainers, their students and academics whose interests include music therapy.
- Author BiographyAmelia Oldfield has over 25 years' experience as a music therapist. She currently works at the Croft Unit for Child and Family Psychiatry and at the Child Development Centre, Addenbrookes. She was the joint initiator of the MA Music Therapy Training at Anglia Polytechnic University, where she is a part time lecturer. She has completed four research investigations and a PhD. She has also produced six music therapy training videos. She is married, has four children and plays clarinet in local chamber music groups.
- Author(s)Amelia Oldfield
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication26/06/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byFatima Janjua
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.