All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionInterquanta (IQ), an interactive program on quantum mechanics allows students to do their own quantum physics experiments on the computer, and to study in 3D color graphics such quantities as complex probability amplitude, eigencalues, scattering cross sections, and more. By experiencing many such computer experiments, students gain a unique, hands-on experience in quantum physics which is otherwise difficult to achieve. The graphic features include two-and three-dimensional graphics in the form of static frames and motion pictures. Students do programming, and hence need previous detailed kwledge of this. The program has a very convenient, self-explanatory user interface based on the Java software techlogy. The book provides a recapitulation of the basic quantum mechanical formula, a manual to the IQ program, and a complete course with more than 300 tested problems. Fully automatic demonstration sessions are provided as introduction to interactive work. Physics topics covered include free particles, bound states and scattering in various potentials in one and three space dimensions, two-particle systems, properties of special functions of mathematical physics.
- Author BiographyDr. Siegmund Brandt is Professor Emeritus of Physics and Dr. Hans Dieter Dahmen is Professor Emeritus of Theoretical Physics at the University of Siegen. Their fields of research are the experimental and theoretical physics of elementary particles, respectively. They are joint authors of several textbooks, among them ?The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics? (3rd edition, Springer, 2001). Dr. Tilo Stroh took his Ph.D. with a thesis on computation quantum mechanics under Hans Dahmen.
- Author(s)Hans Dieter Dahmen,Siegmund Brandt,Tilo Stroh
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/01/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and CD-ROM
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.