All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fully updated Sixth Edition of Intercultural Communication: A Contextual Approach, James W. Neuliep provides a clear contextual model (visually depicted by a series of concentric circles) for examining communication within cultural, microcultural, environmental, sociorelational, and perceptual contexts. Beginning with the broadest context - the cultural component of the model - the book progresses chapter by chapter through the model to the most specific traits of communication: verbal and nverbal messages. Each chapter focuses on one context and explores the combination of factors within that context, including setting, situation, and circumstances. Highlighting values, ethnicity, physical geography, and attitudes, the book examines means of interaction, including body language, eye contact, and the exchange of words, as well as the stages of relationships, cross-cultural management, intercultural conflict, and culture shock.
- Author BiographyJames W. Neuliep (Ph.D., University of Oklahoma) conducts research and teaches courses in intercultural communication, communication theory, communication apprehension, ethnocentrism, and research methods at St. Norbert College. In addition to his introductory intercultural communication textbook, he was also written an introductory communication theory textbook, and his research has appeared in many respected journals. He is the former editor of the Journal of Intercultural Communication Research and has served on the editorial boards of Communication Reports, Communication Research Reports, Communication Studies; International and Intercultural Communication, Journal of Communication; Journal of Applied Communication Research; Journal of Social Behavior and Personality; and Communication Quarterly.
- Author(s)James W. Neuliep
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.