All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published as a special issue of Target (issue 25:1, 2013), this volume explores interdisciplinarity in translation and interpreting process research, fields that have enjoyed a boom in the last decade. For this reason, the time was ripe for a reflection on the broad range of methodologies that have been applied in our endeavours to understand both translation and interpreting processes better. The ten chapters provide a snapshot of how translation and interpreting process researchers have availed themselves of concepts and theories developed in other disciplines, such as psychology, the cognitive sciences, journalism, and literary studies, to examine and illuminate their object of study. This collection demonstrates that translation and interpreting process research borrow heavily from other disciplines and call for a consideration of how translation research can become truly interdisciplinary through increased collaboration, synergy, and mutual advancement.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- Series TitleBenjamins Current Topics
- Series Part/Volume Number72
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight455 g
- Edited byMaureen Ehrensberger-Dow,Sharon O'Brien,Susanne Gopferich
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.