All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWith Islamic banking gradually becoming a more influential factor in the West, an analysis of the concept of riba - a definition of which is t given in the Qur'an - is long overdue. This text presents readers with various interpretations of this Islamic ecomic concept - generally perceived as 'interest'. Thomas provides a framework for understanding riba by examining: * linguistics * classical judicial analysis * the historical context * modern ecomics. Including contributions from prominent international scholars, the book fills a gap in the existing literature and will be welcomed by academics and professionals with an interest in Islamic studies, ecomics and legal history.
- Author(s)Thomas Abdulkader
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.