All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume gives a survey of the most recent developments and trends in intergroup research. Diverging from classical approaches that looked at diverse needs and motives (positive distinctiveness, belongingness, etc), the present book focuses t only on the question what motivates intergroup behaviour, but especially on how the motivation of intergroup behaviour functions. The book focuses on the role of emotion and motivation in the development of intergroup conflict, social exclusion, tolerance and other group related phemena. The sections demonstrate how classical theories in the field have been further developed, enriched, and more sophisticatedly tested over the years, and summarise research on affect and memory. They also develop a group based self-regulation approach, examine several specific emotions as motivational forces of intergroup behaviour, and look at factors of intergroup relations that lead to social change. The chapters are short and easy-to-comprehend summaries referring to a broad range of original work, providing a useful resource for advanced students of Social Psychology and researchers in the field of intergroup relations.
- Author BiographySabine Otten is Professor of Social Psychology at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands. Kai Sassenberg is Professor of Psychology at the University of Tubingen, Germany. Thomas Kessler is Professor of Social Psychology at the University of Exeter , UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePsychology Press Festschrift Series
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byKai Sassenberg,Sabine Otten,Thomas Kessler
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.