All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIntermediate Algebra offers a practical approach to the study of intermediate algebra concepts, consistent with the needs of today's student. The authors help students to develop a solid understanding of functions by revisiting key topics related to functions throughout the text. They put special emphasis on the worked examples in each section, treating them as the primary means of instruction, since students rely so heavily on examples to complete assignments. The applications are also uniquely designed so that students have an experience that is more true to life--students must read information as it appears in a live media source and extract only the relevant information needed to solve a stated problem. The unique pedagogy in the text focuses on promoting better study habits and critical thinking skills along with orienting students to think and reason mathematically. Through Intermediate Algebra, students will t only be better prepared for future math courses, they will be better prepared to solve problems and answer questions they encounter in their own lives.
- Author BiographyEd Miller is a professor of mathematics at Lewis-Clark State College. He earned his PhD in general topology at Ohio University in 1989. He teaches a wide range of courses, including elementary and intermediate algebra. His terms as chair of the General Education Committee, the Curriculum Committee, and the Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics have spurred him to look at courses as part of an integrated whole rather than discrete units. A regular presenter at national and regional meetings, Ed is exploring the use of multiple choice questions as a teaching tool as well as an assessment tool. Laura Bracken, co-author of Investigating Prealgebra and Investigating Basic College Mathematics, teaches developmental mathematics at Lewis-Clark State College. As developmental math coordinator, Laura led the process of developing objectives, standardizing assessments, and enforcing placement including a mastery skill quiz program. She has worked collaboratively with science faculty to make connections between developmental math and introductory science courses. Laura has presented at numerous national and regional conferences and currently serves as the regional representative for the AMATYC Placement and Assessment Committee. Her blog, Dev Math Diary, is at http://devmathdiary.wordpress.com/.
- Author(s)Ed Miller,Laura Bracken
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication13/03/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations, graphs
- Weight1780 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementClass test ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.