All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $24.28Was:AU $24.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionLearning to read and write Chinese requires lots of practice. This unique practice guide can be used with any Chinese textbook or on its own to enhance your proficiency in reading and writing Mandarin Chinese. Intermediate Written Chinese Practice Essentials offers a wealth of carefully-designed exercises and activities to help you develop every aspect of your reading and writing ability. This workbook has been designed so it can be used either in a class with an instructor or by independent learners working on their own. Both simplified and traditional characters are taught and practiced in the same volume. This means students can learn either or both kinds of characters without having to purchase ather book, and instructors have the flexibility to teach a combined class where some students read and write one type of characters and other students the other type. This workbook provides character practice sheets for the 336 characters introduced in Intermediate Written Chinese, with complete information on stroke order and direction for both the simplified and traditional forms of the characters. Reading and writing exercises are included, such as those involving dictation and the answering of questions based on the content of each lesson. English-Chinese translation exercises are provided for each unit.The enclosed CD-ROM provides Native-speaker audio recordings for dictation practice. Printable flash cards for all the new characters and words, with Chinese characters on one side and Pinyin and English on the other. Printable pdf files with additional exercises and activities.Together with this book, you can use Intermediate Spoken Chinese if you want to learn fluent spoken Mandarin. About the Series: Respected Chinese language expert Dr. Cornelius Kubler, who has taught diplomats, business people and students, presents a learning system that uses separate but integrated tracks to help you efficiently master the basics of spoken and written Chinese. The materials in the Basic Chinese series allow you to move from complete beginner level to basic fluency.
- Author BiographyCornelius C. Kubler, Stanfield Professor of Asian Studies at Williams College, received his B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees in linguistics from Cornell University. He earned a second M.A. in Chinese literature from National Taiwan University. From 1980-1991 he was employed at the Foreign Service Institute, U.S. Department of State, where he served as Language Training Supervisor in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, and Mongolian; as Principal of the advanced Chinese field school in Taiwan; and as Chair of the Department of Asian and African Languages. Since joining Williams College in 1991, he has chaired the former Department of Chinese and Asian Studies Program as well as the Department of Asian Studies, which he was instrumental in founding. He has also served as visiting professor at Eisenhower College, Portland State University, Middlebury College, National Taiwan Normal University, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages. Kubler, who is author or coauthor of 20 books and over 50 articles on Chinese language pedagogy and linguistics, frequently serves as reviewer or consultant for Chinese and Asian Studies programs in the U.S. and overseas. He has served as Chair of the Test Development Committee for the SAT Subject Test in Chinese and as member of the Executive Committee of the Association of Departments of Foreign Languages of the Modern Language Association. He is currently serving as American Co-Director of The Johns Hopkins University-Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies in Nanjing, China. Jerling Guo Kubler is a graduate of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures of Soochow University, Taipei. Her experience in language education spans more than 35 years. She has taught all levels of Chinese as a Second/Foreign Language from pre-kindergarten to university level at institutions including Williams College, Eisenhower College and Taipei Language Institute.
- Author(s)Cornelius C. Kubler
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note100 black and white illustrations and photographs
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Most relevant reviews
- ponynoble04 May, 2017by
It's a work book not a text book
Nowhere in the description does it state that its only a work book with characters to trace and that you need to buy the text book to go with it!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.