All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionIntermission A Place in Time... Enjoy this riveting autobiography filled with typical British humor and occasional suspense! This electrifying book offers a journey of continual spellbinding and brilliant stories, some of historic significance. Who would have thought that a young girl like Glen born in the aftermath of WWII, whose family lived on a fixed income would be present at Rock-n-Roll's most memorable events when the Beatles took Liverpool and the world, by storm. Glen who at seven years old lost her adored father, and adapted to boarders taken in to help with the bills. Subsequently, she endured the selfish antics of her stepfather who even tried to dispatch her to Scotland at the age of eight, by placing her on the wrong train. Amazing vivid descriptions of this era, her associations with the Beatles and other Liverpool musicians bring to life an incredible period. The Liverpool lads knew she was there, and during their initial appearances, she recalls fond memories of her favorite Beatle Ringo, who was quite a clown. She shares her life from age six until sixteen, and it is an overwhelming journey. You will t put this book down! Take a break, and enjoy this 'place in time' and feel the ambience, familiarity, and awareness of the past.
- Author BiographyFor the past eighteen years, Glen and her husband John have owned and operated a thriving alpaca farm with spectacular views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains four miles from the Royal Gorge, near Canon City in Colorado. John (a retired correctional officer) spins, knits, and sells his alpaca items, while Glen paints her beloved animals, sculpts her angels and dragons, while continuing to offer psychic counseling.
- Author(s)Glenda Lee Vollmecke
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.