Internal Audit Quality: Developing a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program by Michael Pitt, Sally-Anne Pitt (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.52+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionDeliver increased value by embedding quality into internal audit activities Internal Audit Quality: Developing a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program is a comprehensive and authoritative guide to better practice internal auditing. Written by a global expert in audit quality, this guide is the first to provide complete coverage of the elements that comprise an effective internal audit quality assurance and improvement program. Readers will find practical solutions for monitoring and measuring internal audit performance drawn from The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and complemented by advice and case studies from leading audit practitioners from five different continents. Major corporate and financial collapses over the past decade have challenged the value of internal audit. With an increased focus on internal audit's role in good governance, management is increasingly demanding that internal audit provides assurance of the quality of its own activities. The IIA standards provide a framework for audit quality in the form of mandatory guidance . Recent research indicates that the majority of internal audit functions do t fully comply with the standards and, as a result, are t servicing the needs of their organizations as well as they might. Internal Audit Quality offers a roadmap to internal audit quality, providing readers the guidance they need to: * Embed quality into all elements of internal audit from strategic and operational planning down to day-to-day tasks * Create well-defined internal audit programs and procedures * Independently self-assess internal audit quality and performance * Conform with the IIA standards and better practice * Provide assurance over internal audit efficiency and effectiveness * Deliver value by meeting stakeholder expectations As a key component of good governance, internal audit is on the rise. The days of retrospective, compliance-focused auditing is a thing of the past. Organizations expect more of internal audit, and many internal audit activities are accepting the challenge. Rather than relying on audit supervision and external assessments, modern auditors are embedding quality into audit activities to create effective programs. For the auditor looking to distinguish themselves as leading edge, Internal Audit Quality provides the guidance that enables the right work, at the right time, in the right way.
- Author BiographySALLY-ANNE PITT is recognized as a global expert in audit quality. She is the Managing Partner of Pitt Group, a consulting firm specializing in assurance and evaluation services, where her key audit clients include major Australian government departments. Between 2008 and 2012, Sally-Anne oversaw the external quality assessment program for the Institute of Internal Auditors Australia, and she helped author the IIA's 2012 Practice Guide: Quality Assurance and Improvement Program. Sally-Anne has undertaken in excess of 60 external quality assessments of Australian and global organizations from the public, financial, mining, telecommunications, and not-for-profit sectors.
- Author(s)Michael Pitt,Sally-Anne Pitt
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight864 g
- Width185 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.