All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany large construction projects, such as those in the Middle East or Asia Pacific, are international in scope with a range of contractors and subcontractors signing contracts for delivery of specified work or services. The contractual situation in these instances may be complex and potentially includes a range of standard and bespoke contractual arrangements. In addition, the parties to these contracts may be based in different parts of the world, and are often working to different legal systems and understandings. This can lead to confusion in the understanding, interpretation and execution of a given contract. International Construction Contracts provides concise and practical guidance to those involved in the negotiation and management of international construction and engineering contracts. It sets out in clear, straightforward language the main features of construction contracts and international dispute resolution procedures. It ensures the reader is aware of the issues that might arise on the contractual side of their project so that they may better protect their party's interests. Many of the features and points discussed are illustrated by reference to the popular FIDIC contracts and the book includes a commentary on the two most widely used FIDIC design-build forms, the Yellow and Silver Books. Also included in the book is a fully worked example of a typical ICC arbitration from start to finish, with pleadings , a detailed case narrative and commentary on events, and an example arbitration award. The ICC and SIAC arbitration rules are also provided. Written for construction professionals, the book will be of great interest to engineers, architects, project managers, quantity surveyors, contract managers and contract administrators working on international projects.
- Author BiographyWilliam Godwin is a barrister specialising in construction, engineering, energy and infrastructure projects and has over twenty years experience of international construction acting for contractors, employers, developers and consultants in projects of all kinds. A regular speaker at the FIDIC international users conferences, William conducts accredited training in the FIDIC contracts through Matrix Seminars, is an arbitration panel member of the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission and the Dubai International Arbitration Centre, and an approved adjudicator of the English Technology and Construction Bar Association.
- Author(s)William Godwin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight446 g
- Width169 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.20Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.