All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionHague Academic Press, a T.M.C. Asser Press imprint Children and young persons are increasingly being targeted for trafficking, sexual exploitation, recruitment as child soldiers, and other abuses. Children prove to be particularly vulnerable in situations of armed conflict, such as Darfur, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Philippines, Nepal, and Colombia. A rich combination of practitioners (including ICC, ICTY and SCSL prosecutors) and academics explore to what extent international law instruments and international criminal accountability mechanisms are useful for countering violations of children's rights during and after armed conflicts. They also analyze to what extent the tendency of profiling children's rights much more strongly than before (mainly under the umbrella of the 1989 UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and in the form of child rights-based approaches) converges with the features of international criminal accountability mechanisms such as the International Criminal Court, the Yugoslavia and Rwanda Tribunals, and the Special Court for Sierra Leone.
- Author BiographyKarin Arts is Associate Professor in International Law and Development, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague. Vesselin Popovski is the Director of Studies on International Order and Justice, Peace and Governance Programme at the United Nations University, Tokyo.
- PublisherT.M.C. Asser Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2006
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleFrom Peace to Justice
- Place of PublicationThe Hague
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintT.M.C. Asser Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight480 g
- Width240 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byKarin Arts,Vesselin Popovski
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.