Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past several decades, psychology has grown so rapidly in many countries that one has been able to keep up-to-date on more than a handful of countries. To be sure, the highly developed countries of North America, Western Europe, Ja pan, and Australia have generally had well-kwn national psychological societies for most of this century, and consider able information about their universities and institutes has been published at one time or ather. But even in these more highly developed countries, the rapid changes of recent years are t well kwn. In any event, what information has been published is scattered so widely that it is hardly accessible when needed. Still less well kwn is the growth of psychology in the developing countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa, and at least for Western readers, even the modem nations of Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union are relatively unkwn. Only recently have most Western psychologists become aware of the fact that psychology as they kw it is provincial. With more than half of the world's highly trained psychologists in Canada and the United States, which together devote far more of their national resources to psychological research than is true of any other countries in the world, it is t surprising that the North American journals, psychological associations, institutes, clinics, and other manifestations of psychology have completely domi nated the field, at least until recently.
- Author(s)Professor Benjamin B Wolman
- Date of Publication06/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight376 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.