Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the debate around what makes a good citizen, this work proposes a new form of post-colonial citizenship education which can be applied in any cultural setting. International educational partnerships provide the opportunity for participants to live out values such as cultural empathy and thus demonstrate their right to citizenship.
- Author BiographySteven Coombs is Professor of Teacher Education and Head of the School of Education at the University of the South Pacific, Fiji. He has previously worked at Bath Spa University, UK, Sonoma State University, USA, and the National Institute of Education in Singapore. Mark Potts is an Educational Consultant, having spent 30 years teaching in UK secondary schools, including 8 years as a Deputy Head Teacher. Jack Whitehead is an Honorary Professor in Education at the University of Cumbria, UK, a former President of the British Educational Research Association and a Distinguished Scholar in Residence at Westminster College Utah, USA. You can find out more about Jack Whitehead at http://www.actionresearch.net.
- Author(s)Jack Whitehead,Mark Potts,Steven J. Coombs
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.