All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe majority of SMEs are operating in a networked business environment, and these networks extend beyond national and cultural boundaries. Within these networks, growth takes various routes and forms. Instead of linear, positive growth, international growth is often more cyclical, including periods of stagnation and withdrawal, even exits. International Growth of Small and Medium Enterprises focuses on international growth, such as how companies expand their operations across national borders through opportunity exploration and exploitation, and identification and development of invations, i.e. on international entrepreneurship. The book provides a comprehensive overview of international growth of small and medium-sized enterprises from diverse points of view. It verifies that SMEs in all parts of the globe share similar characteristics, but also differ significantly. New explanations emerge, such as ownership, steering of the company, or the negative consequences of international growth. It discusses how the changing external environment of SMEs pushes them to create invative solutions in order to survive and succeed. This collection of new and international perspectives sheds much-needed light on how founders and management teams of SMEs can succeed in fostering the growth process, and what specific characteristics are instrumental in initiating and maintaining international growth.
- Author BiographyNiina Nummela is professor of International Business at the Turku School of Economics, Finland. She has published in the area of international entrepreneurship, small business management, interfirm co-operation, and research methods. She has contributed to Journal of World Business, European Journal of Marketing, International Small Business Journal, and Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, among others.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight584 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byNiina Nummela
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.