All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionInternational organizations have once more become subjects of investigation for a whole range of scholars: political scientists, international relations specialists, organization theorists, and policy experts alike. The end of the Cold War, increased globalization, and the intensification of regional and functional cooperation all have produced a greater interest in the role of international organizations, and rightly so, since they increasingly take part in global governance as over-burdened governments become more and more willing to transfer responsibility to them or need to work through them. International Organizations and Policy Implementation determines the extent to which international intergovernmental organizations are involved in the national implementation of internationally formulated policies. In particular, it specifies the conditions under which they can be more or less successful in influencing the course and content of implementation or imprint their perspective on domestic policies. This edited volume helps to fill a gap in the existing literature in two respects: contrary to many implementation studies, the chapters are comparative in nature contrasting the role of international organizations across time, different levels, or different issue areas; and, second, they are theoretically grounded.
- Author BiographyJutta Joachim is Associate Professor of Political Science at the Leibniz University Hannover, Germany. Bob Reinalda is Senior Lecturer in International Relations at the Department of Political Science, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Bertjan Verbeek is Professor of International Relations at Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands. He is also Associate Researcher at the Paul Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, the Johns Hopkins University, Bologna, Italy and at Crismart, Stockholm, Sweden.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byBertjan Verbeek,Dr Bob Reinalda,Jutta Joachim
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.