All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This informative and wide-ranging book argues persuasively for the value of multiple perspectives, both international and disciplinary, in the study and practice of early childhood education, because they feed our imaginations and provoke us to think. And while illustrating the many differences that exist between countries, it highlights the shared issues confronting us, wherever we live.' - Emeritus Professor Peter Moss, Institute of Education, University of London Stemming from original research in the field, a range of expert contributors explore the key themes and debates surrounding international perspectives on Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC). Drawing on studies carried out in Norway, Mexico, France, Hungary and many more countries, the book covers a wide range of topics including: *the relationship between early childhood and primary education *gender and play in ECEC *curriculum *inclusion *early interventions *working with families *place-based learning With case studies, detailed suggestions for further reading at different levels and discussion points, this is a key text for students of Early Years at all levels, from Foundation Degree to Masters, as well as current early years practitioners. Linda Miller is Professor Emeritus of Early Years, The Open University. Claire Cameron is Senior Reader in Education at the Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London.
- Author BiographyClaire Cameron is Reader in Education at the Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London, UK. She has carried out research on children and young people, children's services and the children's workforce for over 20 years, with a particular interest in young people in institutional and marginalised circumstances and in care and education, and the interface between the two. She has a long-standing interest in European comparative research and was coordinator of the Young People from a Public Care Background: Pathways to Education in Europe (YiPPEE) study, funded by the European Commission's Framework Programme 7. Her interests also span the European professional of social pedagogy and what this may have to offer to professional practice with children and young people in the United Kingdom.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Issues in the Early Years
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byClaire Cameron,Linda Miller
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.