All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionWith increasing attention given by governments and policy makers to children's transition to school, and the associated need for educators, families and communities to be supported in the process, changes are often required to existing structures and pedagogy. This book is framed around the tion of transition as a time of change for those involved in the transition process and as a time for reconceptualising beliefs, policy and practice. It explores transition from a number of international perspectives and raises issues around the coherence of: * how children perceive and respond to starting school; * the roles and expectations of parents; * developmental changes for parents; * supporting children with diverse learning needs; * how policy, curriculum and pedagogy are conceived and implemented. Readers will be informed about current practices and issues arising out of research in Europe, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom and Australia and will be stimulated to consider how they can change their own transition beliefs, policies and practices. Transition to school: Contemporary Perspectives and Change is essential reading for researchers and educators and anyone wanting to kw more about the transition to school and how to support young children, their families and schools.
- Author BiographyKay Margetts is Associate Professor in Early Childhood Studies, and Director of International Baccalaureate Programs in the Melbourne Graduate School of Education at the University of Melbourne, Australia. Anna Kienig is Assistant Professor in Developmental Psychology, Deputy Dean for Student Affairs and Coordinator of International Programs (Socrates/Erasmus) at the University of Bialystock, Poland.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnna Kienig,Kay Margetts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.