All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is the perfect short introduction to the fundamental theories and issues of international political ecomy (IPE). Written in a concise and accessible style, the text equips students with the necessary skills and kwledge to understand this complex and fascinating area. Engaging with both classical theories and the main contemporary debates, this is the ideal starting point for the study of IPE. The text introduces students to the three main theoretical approaches in IPE: free market, institutionalist and historical materialist. The strengths and weaknesses of the theories are then illustrated by a series of fascinating applied case studies in such core areas as international trade, finance, transnational corporations, development and the environment. Combining clear historical and theoretical explanation with detailed empirical examples this is essential reading for students of international political ecomy, global governance and international ecomics.
- Author BiographyRaymond C. Miller has been national president of two professional associations: the Association for Integrative Studies and the Society for International Development. He was founding editor of Issues in Integrative Studies. Professor Miller served as a member of the faculty at San Francisco State University for 43 years, where he is now Professor Emeritus of International Relations and Social Science.
- Author(s)Raymond C. Miller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 13 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.