All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible, user-friendly and bang-up-to-date introduction to International Politics blends key facts and terms with strong analytical commentary, examining the debates and issues of greatest relevance to the study of the subject. Focusing on the period since 1900, the book provides detailed coverage of key events from the origins of the First World War to the post-Cold War international order. Written in a clear and jargon-free style, particular features include: *The shift from Great Powers to Superpowers in the first half of the twentieth century *The Cold War and post-Cold War order *A fresh approach to understanding the relevancy of theory *State and n-state actors *The challenge of globalization *Order, justice and security in International Politics This clear and authoritative account of International Politics benefits from an exhaustive list of boxes, tables and figures, as well as extensive cross-referencing throughout. This book is an essential guide to understanding the challenges that face world peace and security in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyAlasdair Blair is Professor of International Relations and Head of the Department of Historical and Social Studies at De Montfort University. He is author of a number of books on British Foreign Policy and European integration, including Companion to the European Union (2006), The European Union since 1945 (2005), Saving the Pound? Britain's Road to Monetary Union (2002) and co-author (with Anthony Forster) of The Making of Britain's European Foreign Policy (2002). Steven Curtis is Senior Lecturer in International Relations at London Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Alasdair Blair,Steven Curtis
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitlePolitics Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Out-of-print date20/08/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight440 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.