All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, this is the first textbook on international relations theory to take a specifically game-theoretic approach to the subject, and provide the material needed for students to understand the subject thoroughly, from its basic foundations to more complex models. International relations theory is presented and analysed using simple games, which allow students to grasp the concepts and mechanisms involved with the rationalist approach without the distraction of complicated mathematics. Chapter exercises reinforce key concepts and guide students to extend the models discussed. Drawing examples from international security, international political ecomy, and environmental negotiations, this introductory textbook examines a broad array of topics in international relations courses, including state preferences, rmal form games, bargaining, uncertainty and communication, multilateral cooperation, and the impact of domestic politics.
- Author BiographyAndrew H. Kydd is Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Wisconsin where he teaches courses on international relations theory, game theory and international relations, nuclear weapons and world politics, terrorism and conflict resolution. He has published articles in the American Political Science Review, International Organization, World Politics, and International Security, and his first book, Trust and Mistrust in International Relations, won the 2006 Conflict Processes Best Book Award.
- Author(s)Andrew H. Kydd
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note49 b/w illus. 51 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.