All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the nineteenth in the most prestigious series of annual volumes in the field of industrial and organizational psychology. The series provides authoritative and integrative reviews of the key literature of industrial psychology and organizational behaviour. The chapters are written by established experts and topics are carefully chosen to reflect the major concerns in the research literature and in current practice. This volume provides both reviews and current updates of research in familiar areas, such as Learning and Development at Work, Creating Healthy Workplaces, Empowerment and Performance, and Team Effectiveness. Newer topics are also included, such as Virtual Teams, the Workplace Experiences of Lesbian and Gay Employees, and Identification in Organizational Contexts. Each chapter offers a comprehensive and critical survey of the chosen topic, and each is supported by a valuable bibliography. For advanced students, academics, and researchers, as well as professional psychologists and managers, this remains the most authoritative and current guide to developments and established kwledge in the field of industrial and organizational psychology.
- Author BiographyCary L. Cooper is currently Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health in the Lancaster University Management School, Lancaster University, UK. He is the author of over 100 books (on occupational stress, women at work, and industrial and organizational psychology), has written over 400 scholarly articles for academic journals, and is a frequent contributor to national newspapers, TV, and radio. He is currently founding editor of the Journal of Organizational Behavior and co-editor of the medical journal Stress Medicine. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, The Royal Society of Arts, The Royal Society of Medicine, and the Royal Society of Health. Professor Cooper is the President of the British Academy of Management, is a Companion of the (British) Institute of Management, and one of the first UK based Fellows of the (American) Academy of Management (having also won the 1998 Distinguished Service Award for his contribution to management science from the Academy of Management). Professor Cooper is the editor (jointly with Professor Chris Argyris of Harvard Business School) of the international scholarly Blackwell Encyclopedia of Management (12 volume set). He has been an advisor to the World Health Organisation, ILO, and published a major report for the EU's European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Work Conditions on 'Stress Prevention in the Workplace'. He holds honorary doctorate degrees from Aston, Heriot-Watt, Wolverhampton and Middlesex universities. He was awarded the CBE, Commander of the Order of the British Empire, by the Queen in 2001. Ivan T. Robertson is Professor of Work and Organizational Psychology in the Manchester School of Management, UMIST and Pro-Vice-Chancellor of UMIST. He is a Fellow of the British Academy of Management, the British Psychological Society, and a Chartered Psychologist. Professor Robertson's career includes several years experience working as an applied psychologist on a wide range of projects for a variety of different organizations. With Professor Cooper he founded Robertson Cooper Ltd (www.robertsoncooper.com), a business psychology firm which offers consultancy advice and products to clients. Professor Robertson's research and teaching interests focus on individual differences and organizational factors related to human performance. His other publications include 25 books and over 150 scientific articles and conference papers. He is now Managing Director, Robertson Cooper Ltd, Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)C. L. Cooper
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleInternational Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteindex
- Weight654 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.