All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe main theme of the book is that the new types of sanctions constitute a challenge to the international system. First, there are more of the targeted sanctions, including financial, travel, aviation, special commodity and arms sanctions. Furthermore, there are considerable but varied practices in implementation. Also there are w sanctions by new actors (regional bodies, international organizations). These all put new strains on international bodies in carrying out sanctions or getting member states to work together in these efforts. These challenges are analyzed in this volume, with some examples, but mostly from a generalist perspective. A completely vel aspect is that this volume also includes studies of the difficulties that are met by targeting actors, their way of managing the situations, and most interesting, the human rights of such actors.
- Author BiographyPerter Wallensteen holds the Chair in Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University, Sweden. In 2002 he published Understanding Conflict Resolution: War, Peace and the Global System. Carina Staibano is Research Assistant at the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University. She is the co-editor of Making Targeted Sanctions Effective: Guidelines for UN Policy Options (2003).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2005
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleCass Series on Peacekeeping
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrank Cass Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byCarina Staibano,Peter Wallensteen
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.