Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA group of academics and practitioners in urban planning and development present an array of essays, primarily focused on Pacific Rim cities, that analyze successful policies and programmes in urban development and explain why they have worked. These essays identify a number of key themes of change that are leading to invation in strategic planning and management of urban regions/cities in the context of globalization, ecomic restructuring, social change, and the changing interface between government, the private sector, and the community sectors. These themes include, among others: electronic commerce and its impact on urban development, community involvement in planning, historical preservation, strategies for central city growth and revival, private sector versus government leadership in planning, creation of new cities from scratch contrasted with reinventing existing cities, and tools for urban planning and management. This should be a useful tool to all those actively involved and interested in the process of urban development worldwide.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication02/08/2001
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleInternational Review of Comparative Public Policy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Weight816 g
- Width159 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byJ. F. Williams,Robert J. Stimson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.