All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The most comprehensive and authoritative comparative analysis of employment relations ...' Thomas Kochan, Massachusetts Institute of Techlogy, United States'...breaks new ground as an integrated account of the forces shaping employment relations.' William Brown, University of Cambridge. United KingdomEstablished as the standard reference for a worldwide readership of students, scholars and practitioners in international agencies, governments, companies and unions, this text offers a systematic overview of international employment relations.Chapters cover the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Japan, South Korea, China and India. Experts examine the context of employment relations in each country: ecomic, historical, legal, social and political. They consider the roles of the major players: employers, unions and governments. They outline the processes of employment relations: collective bargaining and arbitration, consultation and employee involvement. Topical issues are discussed: n-unionised workplaces, vel forms of human resource management, labour law reform, multinational enterprises, networked organisations, differences between Asian and Western companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, migrant workers, techlogical change, labour market flexibility and pay determination.This sixth edition is fully revised with an emphasis on globalisation and comparative theories, including concepts of convergence. It offers a new framework for varieties of capitalism in the Introduction, and concludes with an insightful account of the forces shaping employment relations in the world ecomy.
- Author BiographyGREG J. BAMBER is Professor, Monash Business School, Melbourne, Australia and Visiting Professor, Newcastle University, United Kingdom. RUSSELL D. LANSBURY is Emeritus Professor, and CHRIS F. WRIGHT is Senior Lecturer, both in Work and Organisational Studies, The University of Sydney Business School, Australia. NICK WAILES is Professor and Associate Dean, UNSW Business School, Australia.
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byChris F. Wright,Greg J. Bamber,Nick Wailes,Russell D. Lansbury
- Edition Statement6th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.