All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionWith increasing numbers of international students, this book explores how best to broaden the approaches to learning and teaching in the higher/further education environment. Rather than seeing internationalization as a problem to be addressed, this text embraces the opportunities for the enrichment of the learning environment through a values-driven approach to internationalization. Taking a positive and practical approach to internationalizing higher education, the book considers a range of questions about how to bring in global perspectives to the learning environment and education provision. Packed with case studies and vignettes from around the globe, the book proposes that the international student lies at the heart of the university as a source of cultural capital and intentional diversity, enriching the learning experience, enhancing staff experience and building a more powerful learning community.
- Author BiographyElspeth Jones is International Dean at Leeds Metropolitan University. She has extensive experience of learning, assessment and cross-cultural issues for students and teachers from many nationalities and backgrounds. Sally Brown is Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Assessment, Learning and Teaching) and Professor of Higher Education Diversity in Teaching and Learning at Leeds Metropolitan University. Her best known books include Assessing Learners in Higher Education (with Peter Knight), Lecturing: a practical guide (with Phil Race), Assessing Skills and Practice (with Ruth Pickford), and Towards Inclusive Learning in Higher Education (with Mike Adams).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElspeth Jones,Sally Brown
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.