All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely book offers a mapping of the Internet as it has developed and is used internationally, providing a lively and challenging examination of the Internet and Internet studies. There is much interest among scholars and researchers in understanding the place of the Internet in cultural, social, national, and regional settings. This is the first book-length account that t only provides a range of perspectives on the international Internet, but also explores the implications of such new kwledge and accounts for concepts, methods, and themes in Internet studies. Of special interest will be the book's fresh and up-to-date coverage of the Internet in perhaps the most dynamic region at present: Asia-Pacific.
- Author BiographyGerard Goggin is Professor of Digital Communication and deputy director of the Journalism and Media Research Centre, University of New South Wales. His books include Mobile Phone Cultures (2008), Cell Phone Culture (2006), Virtual Nation: The Internet in Australia (2004), and Digital Disability (2003). Mark McLelland lectures in Sociology in the School of Social Sciences, Media and Communications at the University of Wollongong. His books include Queer Japan from the Pacific War to the Internet Age (2005) and Japanese Cybercultures (2003).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Internationalizing Media Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGerard Goggin,Mark McLelland
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.