All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionInternationalizing the Academy is the first book to offer a detailed look at efforts to bring ambitious and expanding portfolios of international programs to US campuses. Gilbert W. Merkx and Riall W. Nolan, leading figures in the burgeoning internationalhigher education sector, provide a thorough examination of how numerous internationalizing efforts are being implemented and promoted on a strikingly wide range of campuses. At the heart of the volume are accounts by eight of the nation's most experienced senior international officers that explore crucial aspects of their work: the strategic visions for international education that they helped develop on their own campuses; how they worked on behalf of those evolving visions with key stakeholders, including the administration and faculty; and the main lessons that they learned in the course of creating these programs. The result is a singular-and uniquely useful-resource for leaders and policy makers in the higher education field that comes at a time when colleges and universities are urgently scaling up their international ventures. Internationalizing the Academy is an essential account of a dynamic, centrally important development on campuses throughout the United States.
- Author BiographyGilbert W. Merkx is a professor in the Department of Sociology at Duke University, USA he is also the former vice provost for international affairs at Duke. Riall W. Nolan is a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Purdue University, USA he is also the former associate provost and dean of international programs at Purdue.
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGilbert W. Merkx,Riall W. Nolan
- Foreword byDavid Ward
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.