Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionToday, companies are looking to break away from proprietary LAN-based E-mail systems to open, Internet-based systems that can integrate both internal and external communications. The Internet messaging market is expected to grow from $1.2 billion in 1996 to $2.2 billion in the Year 2000. Internet Messaging is the complete guide to deploying Internet-based E-mail and solving the most anying headaches associated with today's corporate E-mail systems. It covers nearly every E-mail issue an IT professional may encounter, from directory services and LDAP to security and virtual private networking. It also brings professionals up-to-date on the latest Internet E-mail standards, what it really means for a system to be 100% Pure Internet, and how that benefits the enterprise. The book also provides a How Can I matrix presenting solutions to the 12 most common E-mail problems, including integrating with E-mail with other desktop and palmtop applications; providing secure remote access to E-mail; integrating E-mail with fax, voicemail and paging; and much more.
- Author BiographyMarshall T. Rose, author of several best-selling Prentice Hall PTR titles, is consultant and program manager at First Virtual, heading up a group developing interactive advertising technologies for the Web. He has been a leader in developing Internet e-mail standards and solutions for nearly 20 years. David Stromfounded CMP Media's Network Computing Magazine, and is currently a consultant for technical product design and strategy.
- Author(s)David Strom,Marshall T. Rose
- PublisherPearson Professional Education
- Date of Publication25/06/1998
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitlePrentice Hall PTR Internet infrastructure series
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall PTR
- Out-of-print date31/10/2009
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight645 g
- Width180 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.