All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionAs telecommunications products and services have become an essential part of - eryday life, consumers have at the same time grown intimately familiar with the concept of tiered pricing that is associated with such services. With tiered service structures, users may select from a small set of tiers that offer progressively higher levels of service with a correspondingincrease in price. Tiered structures have been applied in several forms to wireless services (e. g. , characterized by the amount of voice minutes, number of text messages, or the size of one's circle of friends to whom voice calls are free), Internet broadband access (e. g. , the access speed or volume of monthly transferred data), and digital TV offerings (e. g. , the number of channels included), among others. Service tiering is a form of market segmentation which, if applied appropriately, bene ts both providers and consumers by making available services and associated price points that re ect the diversity in consumers' needs and ability to pay. The purpose of this book is to develop a theoretical framework for reasoning about and pricing Internet tiered services, as well as a practical algorithmic toolset fornetworkproviderstodevelopcustomizedmenusofserviceofferings. We provide a comprehensive study of the design, sizing, and pricing of tiered structures for - ternet services, and we illustrate their potential in simplifying the operation of c- plex components such as packet schedulers.
- Author(s)George N. Rouskas
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note90 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight343 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.