Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionDo our expectancies about ourselves and about others have any effect on our actual experiences? Over fifty years of research studies suggest t only that this is the case, but also that our expectancies can shape other people's experience in different contexts. In some cases they can help, but other times they can do harm instead. Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Expectancies provides a theory, a research review, and a summary of the current kwledge on intra- and interpersonal expectancy effects and related phemena. Based on extensive study, and written by eminent experts from some of the world's leading academic institutions, the book presents the most recent kwledge on social and psychological mechanisms of forming both intra- and interpersonal expectancies. It also considers how expectancies are sustained and what their consequences are, as well as discussing the latest theoretical concepts and the most up-to-date research on expectancy effects. This book represents the first review of the phemen of interpersonal expectancies in over 20 years, and the only publication presenting a complementary view of both intra- and interpersonal expectancies. It aims to open up a discussion between researchers and theoreticians from both perspectives, and to promote an integrative approach that incorporates both.
- Author BiographySlawomir Trusz - Assistant Professor of Education, Institute of Educational Sciences, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland. Przemyslaw Babel - Assistant Professor of Psychology, Institute of Psychology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight530 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byPrzemyslaw Babel,Slawomir Trusz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.