All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterprofessional Rehabilitation: a Person-Centred Approach is a concise and readable introduction to the principles and practice of a person-centred interprofessional approach to rehabilitation, based upon a firm scientific evidence base. Written by a multi-contributor team of specialists in physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, psychology and rehabilitation medicine, this text draws together common themes that cut across the different professional groups and the spectrum of health conditions requiring rehabilitation, and sets out a model of practice that is tailored to the specific needs of the client. Showing interprofessionalism at work in a range of clinical contexts, the book argues that effective rehabilitation is best conducted by well-integrated teams of specialists working in an interdisciplinary way, with the client or patient actively involved in all stages of the process. This book will be essential reading for students preparing for practice in an increasingly interprofessional environment, and will be of interest to any health care practitioner keen to understand how an integrated approach to rehabilitation can benefit their clients.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors Sarah G Dean is a senior lecturer in health services research, based at the University of Exeter, UK, with a background in physiotherapy and health psychology. She has a particular interest in the psychology of exercise-based rehabilitation for people with long term conditions. Richard J Siegert has a background in clinical psychology and neuropsychology and a special interest in the application of psychometrics to measurement in rehabilitation settings. A Reader in Rehabilitation at King s College London, he is soon to take up a Chair in Psychology and Rehabilitation at AUT University in Auckland, New Zealand. William J Taylor is an academic rehabilitation physician and rheumatologist in Wellington, New Zealand, where he teaches a postgraduate interdisciplinary course in rehabilitation and continues to work at the coal-face of clinical practice.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/09/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight334 g
- Width174 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byRichard J. Siegert,Sarah G. Dean,William J. Taylor
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.