All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll Social Work students are required to undertake specific learning and assessment in partnership working and information sharing across professional disciplines and agencies. Increasingly, social workers are also finding that they need to deal with a wide range of other professions as part of their daily work. It is essential therefore that social workers can work effectively and collaboratively with these professions while retaining their own values and identity. This updated second edition will prepare social work students to work with a wide variety of professions including youth workers, the police, teachers and educators, the legal profession and health professionals.
- Author BiographyAnne Quinney is a Senior Lecturer in Social Work Education at Bournemouth University, where an inter-professional curriculum has been introduced. Her teaching responsibilities include Social Work Theories and Methods/Models of Social Work Intervention; Practice Issues and Using Research in Practice. Anne is an e-learning enthusiast, involved in research projects which include exploring student experiences of e-learning in the social work curriculum and evaluating an electronic simulated community to support inter-professional education. She is Joint Editor of the journal Practice and is a member of the SWAP steering group. Anne previously worked as a teacher in Sudan and as a social worker and youth worker in the UK. Trish Hafford-Letchfield teaches at London South Bank University on the MSc Social Work, Leadership and Management PQ Award and on Pedagogical awards for academic staff. She has several years experience of managing adult services in the statutory sector and is currently Chair of a voluntary sector agency for Older People. Trish has several articles and books on management and organisational issues and has a particular interest in social inclusion issues in social work and social care and is currently researching the lifelong learning of Older People using Social Care Services .
- Author(s)Anne Quinney,Dr. Trish Hafford-Letchfield,Trish Hafford-Letchfield
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Weight323 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.