Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the thought of Zygmunt Bauman on the subject of liquid modernity, where everything has become unstable, precarious and uncertain, Carlo Bordoni (author with Bauman of State of Crisis ) proposes to look at contemporary society as an interregnum , a temporary break with the past. In a condition characterised by the amie, the questioning of democratic achievements and the primacy of an unbridled ecomy, he offers a new perspective on our social condition. Understanding the interregnum, being aware of its instability and the social degradation that it entails, can help us to make the right choices.
- Author BiographyCarlo Bordoni (born 1946) is a sociologist, journalist and writer. He has taught sociology at the Universities of Milan, Pisa and Florence and the Oriental Institute in Naples. 1990-2003 he was professor of Media Studies at the academy of fine arts in Carrarra. He writes for Il Corriere della Sera and 'Social Europe Journal' and is the author of 'State of Crisis' (Polity Press 2014) with Zygmunt Bauman. His research fields are cultural, political and social change as well as Sociology of literature.
- Author(s)Carlo Bordoni
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication16/03/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Weight238 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.