All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionMost scholars w refute the molithic, static definition of identity and adopt a fluid approach to the concept which takes into consideration overlapping, or rather intersecting different facets of identity. The contact of many and varied aspects of identity finds its full development in interpersonal communication when two or more individuals identify through their discourse. In this volume, the authors are interested in identity in intercultural contexts. With contributions from Finland, Japan, Malaysia, Romania, the United Kingdom and the United States of America from the fields of linguistics, sociolinguistics, discourse analysis, linguistic anthropology, cultural anthropology, literature and education, the key concepts associated with identity and interculturality are revisited, and empirical research provides an insight into identification processes. This volume will appeal to scholars interested in the questions of identity and intercultural relations, as well as to students, particularly from the fields of anthropology, education, language and communication studies. It will also interest individuals from all walks of life who are keen on kwing more about personal diversities.
- Author BiographyRegis Machart is a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Putra Malaysia. Choon Bee Lim is an Associate Professor at Universiti Putra Malaysia. Sep Neo Lim is a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Putra Malaysia. Eriko Yamato is a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight408 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChoon Bee Lim,Eriko Yamato,Regis Machart,Sep Neo Lim
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.